The Lethbridge Sons of Norway was formed in 1986 by a group of people interested in sharing their Norwegian heritage. Over the years the Membership has fluctuated but currently we have 67 members who are proud of their heritage and who enjoy the company, traditions and customs of fellow Norwegians.
We have monthly meetings on the third Wednesday of each month except for July and August. We meet at Parkbridge Estates Hall 2920-29 Ave. S. Dinner is served at 6:00 pm by Smitty’s Pancake House. Members are encouraged to come early for a time of visiting, playing cards, or learning traditional Norwegian crafts (or other crafts). It’s a time of fellowship and fun.
The objectives and purposes of Sons of Norway include:
- to unite in a fraternal benefit society men and women of Norwegian and other Nordic birth or descent, their affiliates through marriage, and others with an interest in the objectives and purposes of Sons of Norway
- to express love and loyalty to our respective homelands, and to contribute to the life of our countries, to our heritage, and to maintain a close relationship with them
- to promote an understanding of mutual interests of the people of Norwegian and other Nordic heritage
- to aid in preserving the history of the pioneers of our countries, and the part the people of Norwegian or other Nordic descent have played in the development of them
- to maintain and promote interest in everything that is good and noble in the Norwegian and other Nordic national character
- to sponsor or support such cultural, charitable and social service projects as are related to its general purpose as a fraternal benefit society.